- 1 baked pie shell
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 lb. (675 g) fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) liquid honey*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cranberry jelly
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 lb. (125 g) pie dough
- 1 beaten egg*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sesame seeds.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
Sprinkle pie shell with breadcrumbs. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix plums, nuts, honey, cranberry jelly. Pour into pie shell.
Roll the pie dough and cut into strips.
Make a lattice top crust with the strips.
Lightly press the strips to the edge of the pan so they won't curl up when baking.
Brush the top crust with beaten egg.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake at 350ºF / 180ºC 30 to 35 minutes.
SuggestionTo vary the filling, use fresh apricots instead of plums.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!