- 2/3 cup (160 mL) toupie ham strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil*
- 1/4 lb. (115 g) creamy chèvre, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to broil. Put ham, pepper and onion on a lightly greased baking sheet and broil 7 min. Add tomatoes and broil another 3 min. Set aside.
In a bowl, beat eggs and whisk in milk, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil and cook eggs covered for 5 min. Flip omelette and top with ham, broiled vegetables and cheese. Cook another 3 min.
Serve with a garnish of fresh basil.
SuggestionReplace chèvre with your favourite cheese (blue, cream cheese, Gruyère).
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!