- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) evaporated milk*
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked tapioca
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) saffron
- 1 pinch Irresistibles cinnamon*
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground cardamom
In a non-stick saucepan, bring evaporated milk to a boil.
Reduce heat, add carrots and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in remaining ingredients and cook about 10 minutes, stirring and keeping it under a boil, until steaming.
Remove from heat and cool covered for 15 minutes, then continue cooling uncovered. Serve warm or cold in an ice cream dish.
SuggestionGarnish with a cinnamon stick and a few threads of saffron.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!