- 12 prunes, cut into large pieces
- 12 dried apricots, cut into large pieces
- 3 cups (750 mL) dry white wine
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 leek or onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) butter*
- 4-oz. (120 g.) cream cheese*
- 1 cup (250 mL) croutons*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cashews* or coarsely chopped walnuts*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) rosemary*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) sage*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) thyme*
- 3.5 lb. (1.5 kg) turkey breast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (22 mL) concentrated chicken stock *
- 5-oz. (150-g) beef consommé*
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) cornstarch*
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) 15% creamsalt*
- Pepper to taste
Soak the prunes and apricots in 2 cups (500 mL) of white wine for 1 hour.
Cook on medium for 15 minutes. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Cook the celery and leek in butter for 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup (250 mL) of white wine and cook at high heat to reduce liquid to 3/4. Cut the cheese into large pieces and add to the mix. Stir until the cheese has melted.
Remove the prunes and apricots from the wine and add them to the stuffing along with the croutons and nuts. Add the salt, pepper and remaining seasonings.
Cut an opening, lengthwise, into the turkey breast to form a pocket. Stuff the turkey with the cheese and dried fruit mixture. Bring the two edges of the pocket together and tie every two inches (5 cm).
Brush the turkey with the concentrated chicken stock and cook approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes, i.e., 30 minutes per poud. Remove the turkey from the roasting pan and cover with aluminium foil. Let stand while preparing the sauce.
Slice the turkey and serve with the sauce.
Pour the liquid, in which the prunes and apricots soaked, into the roasting pan. Loosen any ingredients from the bottom of the pan, and bring mixture to a boil at high heat. When half the liquid has evaporated, add the consommé. Strain the sauce. Mix the cornstarch with the cream and add to the sauce.
Salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce thickens.
Occasion: Christimas Holidays
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Prune-Apricot Sauce for
- Pork Chops with Apricot and Cheddar Stuffing
- Lamb and Apricot Flavoured Rice Stuffing
- Turkey Breast with Dill
- Turkey Breast with Mushroom Sauce
- Antilles-Style Turkey Breast
- Roast Turkey with Apricot Stuffing
- Turkey Breast Fillets with Hazelnuts
- Leg of Milk-fed Veal Roast with Prune-apricot Stuffing
- Pork Chops with Apricot Stuffing