- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles turmeric*
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 minced onion
- To taste mixed red, green and yellow pepper strips
- 3/8 cup (95 mL) sliced pitted black olives*
- 2 small tomatoes,seeded and diced
- 5 oz. (150 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) coarsely chopped oregano
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles Dijon mustard*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles raspberry vinegar*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- To taste salt and pepper
In a pan, bring salted water to a boil and add turmeric. Add cauliflower and blanch about 2-3 minutes. Drain.
Put cauliflower in a salad bowl or serving dish. Mix in onion, peppers, black olives, tomatoes, feta and oregano. Pour dressing over vegetables and mix.
In a small bowl, whisk mustard and raspberry vinegar together until blended.
Add oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe is taken from Menu, Plaisirs maraîchers, the magazine put out by the Quebec Produce Growers Association and produced by Upperkut . Photographs by Benoît Levac.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Duck confit in warm salad
- Chorizo-scampi Stuffed Rabbit Paupiettes with Warm Vegetable Salad, Pinot Noir Demi-glace, and Cauliflower Mousseline
- Warm Apple Pork Salad
- Warm Citrus Fruit Salad
- Warm Brie Salad
- Warm Apple Salad with Yoghurt Dressing
- Warm Green Bean Salad
- Warm Duck Confit Salad
- Warm Salad of Greens and Chicken
- Warm Spinach Salad