- 450 g (1 lb.) beets, cooked and cut in julienne
- 2 apples, cut in julienne
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) honey
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Tamari sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh chopped basil
Put beets and apples in a large bowl, drizzle with lemon juice, add parsley and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together.
Pour dressing over the combined beets and apples. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
For best results, do not peel beets you intend to cook. To further enhance their lovely colour during cooking. Boil or steam for 30-60 minutes.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Warm Apple Pork Salad
- Maple-marinated Salmon with Beet Salad and Grilled Leeks
- Apple-endive Salad
- Two-Apple Garden Salad
- Beet Salad and Cumin Dressing
- Beet And Potato Salad
- Roasted Tomato, Spinach, Beet and Poached Egg Salad
- Beet-carrot-parsnip Salad
- Spinach-Apple-Grape Salad
- Beet salad with arugula