- 2 12-oz. (330 g) Lake Brome duck breasts
- Salt and Irresistibles ground pepper*
- Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil as needed*
- 5 - 6 slices of baguette, cut ½ in. (1 cm) thick
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) hazelnuts*, toasted and crushed
- ¼ tsp. (1 ml) minced orange zest
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh marjoram or thyme, minced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) honey*
- Irresistibles hazelnut oil* to taste
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
Score skin of breasts in a crosshatch pattern. Season.
Heat a skillet on medium; put breasts skin-side down in hot skillet.
Cook 10 minutes or until skin is browned. Turn breasts over and cook 30 seconds.
Drain off excess fait and reserve pan juices
Place breasts skin-side up on a baking sheet.
Bake 5 minutes. When breasts are done, keep them warm 5 minutes.
Brown bread both sides in olive oil. Pat dry with paper towels.
Transfer to a food processor and reduce to coarse breadcrumbs. Add remaining ingredients except honey.
Pulse until ingredients are well blended.
Coat breasts with honey. Cover each breast with 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) hazelnut mixture.
Cut breasts into thin slices and serve with pan juices flavoured with a bit of hazelnut oil.
SuggestionTo ensure juicy, tender pink meat and crisp skin, whether duck breasts are roasted or pan-fried, it’s important to start by cooking duck breasts slowly skin-side down until the fat melts out of the skin.
To keep meat warm, wrap breasts in foil and let stand 5 minutes.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Roast Brome Lake Duck with Caramelized Pears
- Cassole of Brome Lake Duck Confit and Orange Duck and Pork Sausage
- Roasted Brome Lake Duck Thighs Confit
- Brome Lake Duck Legs with Ice Cider Sauce, Garlanded with Vegetables
- Cranberry-Orange Duck Breasts
- Brome Duck Breast With Wine And Balsamic Vinegar Sauce
- Grilled Fruity Duck Breasts
- Sou' wester style duck breasts
- Brome Duck Breast Rolls with Mushroom-Maple Sauce
- Phyllo-wrapped Brome Lake Duck Breasts with Beet Chips