- 9 oz. (250 g) rice vermicelli
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) vegetable oil*
- ¼ cup (60 mL) julienned onion
- ¼ cup (60 mL) julienned red pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) julienned green pepper
- 3½ oz. (100 g) soybean sprouts
- ½ bunch of spinach
- ½ bunch of watercress or arugula, washed and spun
- As required chopped fresh coriander
- To garnish toasted sesame seeds
- Ginger Dressing (makes: 200 mL)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles red wine vinegar*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) liquid honey*
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles sesame oil*
- 2/5 cup (100 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
Soak vermicelli in tepid water for 30 minutes.
Heat a wok over high heat. Pour in oil and add vermicelli, onion and peppers. Stir fry 2 - 3 minutes, then add soybean sprouts and cook 1 - 2 minutes, lifting with a spatula.
Transfer to a large, shallow serving dish in which vermicelli can cool quickly. Arrange arugula and watercress over the bed of vermicelli and drizzle with dressing.
Garnish with a sprinkling of coriander and sesame seeds.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except olive oil.
Add olive oil in a thin stream, whisking to emulsify. Adjust seasoning.
SuggestionIf dressing is too tart, add honey, a bit at a time, tasting after each addition.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Arugula Salad, Grilled Shrimp and Melon
- Healthy Crab, Arugula and Mango Salad
- Strawberry and Parmesan arugula salad
- Spinach Salad
- Chevre, Pear, Arugula and Radicchio Salad
- Jazzy Caesar Salad-arugula and pancetta
- Spinach Salad
- Grilled Chicken, Sunkist Grapefruit And Arugula Salad
- Beet salad with arugula
- Teriyaki Pork Vermicelli Salad