- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) butter*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 4 x 6 oz. (4 x 180 g) Red Grill Angus beef tenderloin
- Sea salt* and freshly ground black pepper Irresistibles*
- 4 x 8 in. (4 x 20 cm) commercially prepared puff pastry rounds
- 4 x 1 oz. (4 x 30 g) slices of liver pâté
- 2 eggs*, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) demi-glace sauce
Melt the butter in the oil and sear the beef tenderloins 1 minute per side. Season, remove and let cool.
Roll out the pastry rounds on a clean work surface.
Centre the liver slices on each round.
Top with a tenderloin.
Moisten the edges of the pastry with a little water and enclose the meat, sealing well.
Refrigerate the meat en croûte for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Baste the pastry with the beaten eggs and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, brown the shallots and mushrooms.
Deglaze with the red wine and reduce by half.
Add the demi-glace. Correct the seasoning. Serve the golden brown tenderloins en croûte on the sauce.
Accompaniments: steamed cauliflower and braised celery.
Medium or full-bodied red wine.
For well-done beef, brown the meat for 3 minutes per side.
Beef can be cooked "very rare", or soft to the touch with an internal temperature that’s just warm; "rare", offering slight resistance to finger pressure, the consistency a little firm and an internal temperature of about 140°F (60°C); "medium", the meat resists finger pressure, has consistent resistance and an internal temperature of about 155°F (68°C); "well-done" with firm consistency and an internal temperature of about 167°F (75°C).
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Beef Tenderloin Roast
- Salt-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Green Peppercorn Béarnaise Sauce
- Beef Tenderloin Roast with Potato and Green Bean Bundles
- Veal with Feta en Papillote
- Red Grill Angus Beef Tenderloin Tartar and Organic Corn Chips
- Ginger-scented barramundi en papillote
- Onion Soup En Croûte
- Onion Soup en Croûte
- Red Grill Angus Beef Tenderloin Steak, in Port Wine and Pepper Reduction
- Pumpkin Pesto-crusted Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragout