- 1 Brome Lake Ducks duck roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil* or duck fat
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white wine or port (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles balsamic vinegar*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles orange marmalade*
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Season roast with salt and pepper.
In a skillet, brown roast on all sides over medium-high heat.
Place roast in a 6 in. x 10 in. (15 cm x 25 cm) roasting pan greased with duck fat or oil.
Add shallots and roast uncovered for 15 minutes.
In a bowl, combine orange juice, wine or port and balsamic vinegar. Pour over duck and continue roasting uncovered for 45 minutes.
Remove roast from oven, tent loosely with foil, and let stand 5 – 10 minutes.
Stir marmalade into pan juices and reduce to a smooth sauce.
Slice duck roast, spoon sauce over slices and serve.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!