- Pomegranate Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sugar*
- Caprese Salad
- 2 black plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow plum, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 8-oz (250 g) ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp.(30 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 2 Tbsp.(30 mL) snipped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) grated lemon zest
To make pomegranate drizzle; place pomegranate juice in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until reduced to 2 Tbsp. (30 mL.)
Stir in vinegar and sugar; cover and chill until ready to use.
To prepare salad; arrange plum slices alternately with mozzarella on a platter.
Drizzle with chilled pomegranate mixture and olive oil; sprinkle with basil and lemon zest.
Serve as a salad or as an appetizer with grilled baguette slices.
Source : California Pêches – Prunes - Nectarines
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!