- 4 large eggs
- 170 g (6 oz) sugar
- Vanilla extract, to taste
- 150 g (5 oz) all purpose flour
- 30 g (1 oz) corn starch
- 30 g (1 oz) melted butter, warm
Preheat over to 180 °C (350 °F).
Butter and flour the cake pan, shake out the excess flour. Place a circular-shaped piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the cake pan.
Break eggs into a large bowl, add the sugar and, with an electric mixer, beat until the ribbon stage. Add the vanilla then set aside.
Meanwhile, sift the flour and the starch, and then fold it gently into the egg mixture.
Gently pour in the melted butter, combine delicately to avoid deflating the mixture.
Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack before turning the cake out. Leave parchment paper on cake until ready to serve. Turn the cake upside down for service.
SuggestionGenoise cake rises evenly so there is no need to slice the top to even it out. It is an ideal cake to use for making birthday or wedding cakes.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Stuffed Pancakes with Vanilla Ice-Cream and Chocolate Sauce
- Broiled Grapefruit with Vanilla-Ginger Sauce
- Pan-Fried Scallops and Shrimp With Lichees and Vanilla
- Butternut squash purée with vanilla
- Vanilla Pork Loin Roast
- Apple Pecan Crumble With Rosemary, Vanilla Mousseline
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Nescafé Vanilla, Coffee and Almond Ice-Cream Sauce
- Vanilla Rum Cream
- Vanilla Cake with Berries and whipped cream fields