- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) butter
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil
- 4 fresh trout fillets, 4 to 5 oz (120 to 150 g) each
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) table cream
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a frying pan, brown shallots in oil and butter.
Add trout fillets and fry 2 to 3 minutes per side. Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
Deglaze frying pan with remaining lemon juice. Add cream and reduce by one third. Add dill and adjust seasoning.
Pour sauce over trout fillets.
SuggestionTrout can replace salmon in most recipes.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Herbed Trout Fillets
- Spicy pan-fried potatoes
- Pan-fried curried Fish Fillets
- Old-Fashioned Pan-Fried Liver
- Trout Fillets Amandine
- Wing Roast with Pan-fried Mushrooms
- Foie Gras Pan Fried with Apples
- Pan-fried Blood Sausage with Apples
- Speckled Trout, Gravlax, and Dill Burgers
- Pan-Fried Mamirolle and Tropical Fruit