- 2 lb. (900 g) roast of veal
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a pot, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Marinate the roast in that pot for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, turning it 3 or 4 times.
Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
Remove the roast from the marinade and drain it thoroughly.
In the pot, bring the marinade to a boil. Skim and Set aside.
In a roasting pan, sear the meat on all sides. Add the cooked marinade and 80 mL (1/3 cup) of chicken broth.
Continue cooking in the oven at 180350°F/180°C, calculating 1 hour/kg (30 minutes/lb.).
Remove the roast from the roasting pan, wrap it in aluminium foil and Set aside.
Deglaze the roasting pan with the rest of the broth. Bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes.
Slice the roast and pour the sauce over the slices or present the whole roast on a serving platter with the sauce in a gravy boat.
Serve with yellow and green zucchini sections and pasta lightly coated with parsley.
SuggestionThe orange or lemon juice boosts the flavour of the veal and tenderizes it at the same time.If required, thicken the sauce with cornstarch diluted in a little cold water.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Candied-lemon strip loin veal steak
- Orange, Garlic and Fresh Thyme Roast Chicken
- Honey and rosemary braised veal roast
- Asian-style Veal Pot Roast
- Indonesian-style veal shoulder roast
- Roast Rabbit with thyme
- Scaloppine al limone (Veal Scallops with Lemon)
- Veal Roast with Dried Tomatoes
- Veal Chops Stuffed with Cheddar, Fresh Thyme, Bay Leaf and Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- Grilled Veal Chops and Radicchio with Lemon-caper Sauce