- 1 pineapple
- 1 lb. (450 g) tofu
- 1 red onion
- 4 coffee mushrooms
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Sufficient qty. sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) tamari
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) soya sauce*
- 1 cup (250 mL) orange juice
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) honey*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cornstarch*
Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
Remove ends and peel of pineapple.
Cut pineapple and tofu into 1½-in. (4 cm) cubes.
Cut onion in two, then cut halves in four.
Thread 1 mushroom on skewer followed by pieces of tofu, pineapple and onion. Finish with a tomato.
Baste brochettes with sesame oil.
Barbecue over moderate heat for 10 minutes, turning frequently.
Meanwhile, simmer remaining ingredients together until sauce thickens.
Cover brochettes with sauce and serve.
SuggestionSoak wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes before using them to prevent them from burning during cooking.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!