- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) dried tarragon (optional)
- Pinch pepper
In jar with lid, combine tomato juice, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, basil, mustard, tarragon (if using), and pepper. Shake for 30 seconds.
Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Potvin, Yves (2000). The Good Cook Book by Yves. Delta B.-C. : Yves Veggie Cuisine.
SuggestionIn this light yet flavorful dressing, tomato juice provides body and considerably reduces the amount of oil required. As variations, you may substitute tomato-vegetable juice for tomato juice, and apple cider vinegar for lemon juice. Try different herbs such as oregano or dill, on their own or in combination. If you use dried herbs instead of fresh, use one third the amount specified for fresh herbs.
Because there are few calories in this dressing, the percentage calories contributed by the small amount of oil appears large. Also look at the grams of fat per tablespoon. It's low!
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Citrus Dressing
- Artichokes with Dressing
- Magic Dressing
- Turkey Tournedos with Tomato Basil Sauce
- Tomato, Basil, Arugula, and Apprenti Sorcier Cheese Napoleon and Fresh Herb Emulsion
- Tilapia and Scallop Rolls, Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Cheese Dressing
- Cumin Dressing
- Spaghettini with Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Tomato and basil snapper