- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil*
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) carrots, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 6 cups (1.5 L) vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Irresistibles ground cinnamon* (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
In a pan, heat oil and cook onions and garlic. Add carrots, celery and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, on medium for 30 min. Purée in blender.
Meanwhile, mix flour, milk and cinnamon. Stir into soup. Season.
Cook a few more minutes to heat through.
Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!