- 1 cup (250 mL) each: all purpose flour* and whole wheat four*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder*
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) baking soda*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) oatmeal*
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) red apples with peel, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) currants
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey*
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
In a bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Sift.
Add the oatmeal and set aside.
In another bowl, mix the apples, currants, honey, egg, milk and butter.
Incorporate gradually into the flour mixture. Mix well.
Divide the preparation into 12 muffin cups.
Bake 25 min., or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!