- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) each of red or green pepper and summer squash, diced
- 1 1/2 cups (125 mL) grated Mozarella cheese*
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) fresh chive, chopped
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a pannikin, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of olive oil on moderate heat.
Add onion and garlic and cook about 3 minutes or until the onion has softened.
Add bell pepper and summer squash and continue cooking, stirring for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat. Add cheese, basil, chive, salt and pepper. Mix well, let cool slightly and set aside.
With a small knife, make an incision on the length of the chicken breast to form a pouch. Stuff each pouch with the bell pepper and summer squash mixture. Close breasts with toothpicks.
In the pannikin, heat the remaining oil on moderate heat. Cook stuffed chicken breasts for 3 minutes on each side or until brown.
Finish cooking in oven for about 20 minutes or until clear liquid runs from chicken when pricked.
Cut breast in two immediately before serving.
SuggestionGarnish with fresh basil
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Mushroom-stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Citrus and Bell Pepper Salsa
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Ham and Pesto
- Apple Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Stuffed Summer Squash à la Provençale
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Ham
- Cheese and Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Vegetable-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Fruit Stuffed Chicken Breasts