- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Nuvel non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar*
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated carrots
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) each: ground cinnamon and vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) each: all-purpose flour* and whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) baking powder*
Preheat oven to 350 ºF/180º.
Mix first 9 ingredients, adding them to batter as listed.
In another bowl, mix flours and baking powder together.
Add dry ingredients to batter and mix just until combined.
Pour batter into a greased square pan.
Bake about 50 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Serve iced or plain.
SuggestionFor a quick icing, cream 1½ cups (375 mL) icing sugar, two 250-g packages light cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) orange zest and 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla together.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!