- 2 packages Sunrise firm tofu, cut into chunks, well drained (at least 20 minutes)
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) unsalted butter*
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) each: garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 pinch pepper
Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
In a big bowl, crush tofu but do not reduce to a purée. Set aside.
In a skillet, melt butter. Cook onion and pepper until onion is soft.
Add onion mixture to tofu. Add other ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
Make 4 thin patties. Place patties on a baking sheet and cook 25 minutes. Turn patties carefully with a spatula and cook another 25 minutes.
Serve patties in split buns and dress to taste (mustard, lettuce, tomato).
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!