- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) each: softened butter* and brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) maple syrup*
- 1 egg*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) applesauce
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) each: all-purpose flour* and whole-wheat flour*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) oatmeal
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda*
Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer. Add maple syrup and beat for a few seconds.
Beat in egg.
Stir in applesauce and yogurt.
In another bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
Gently stir dry ingredients into liquid mixture.
Spread on a lightly oiled 9x9-in. (23x23-cm) rimmed baking sheet.
Bake 35 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Cool 10 min. and cut into 18 bars.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!