- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar*
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 squares of allowed dark chocolate (non allergenic)
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) non-hydrogenated margarine (non allergenic)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking powder*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 square of allowed dark chocolate (non allergenic)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) non-hydrogenated margarine (non allergenic)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) allowed whipped garnish (non allergenic)(substitute for whipped cream)
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar (may contain wheat)
Preheat the oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
In a saucepan, mix the brown sugar, water, chocolate and margarine.
Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
Once boiling, cook at low heat 5 minutes. Let cool.
In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Fold dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and stir well.
Pour into an 8 inch (20 cm) square greased pan.
Cook about 20 minutes until the brownies are firm to the touch.
Do not overcook.
Top off with icing for brownies.
In a saucepan, mix the chocolate, margarine and whipped garnish. Cook slowly while stirring for about 5 minutes. When the preparation is homogeneous, add icing sugar all at once and stir well. When the sugar has dissolved, spread on the cooled brownies.
SuggestionAllergen: wheat, soya
A recipe taken from the cookbook De l'allergie aux plaisirs de la table. Order it now on the Association québécoise des allergies alimentaires Web site to take advantage of more than 140 recipes specially adapted for people with allergies.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!