- Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) milk
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) Canadian blue cheese, such as Ermite or Bleu Bénédictin
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) black pepper
- 1 lb (450 g) ground chicken (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) cayenne
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped fresh spinach
Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
In a blender or food processor, purée all sauce ingredients until smooth; set aside.
In a bowl, stir together chicken, breadcrumbs, eggs, chilli sauce, parsley, onion and cayenne. Shape into 4 patties, 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
Place a sheet of foil on barbecue grill and brush with oil. Grill patties on foil about for 5 to 10 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
Place a slice of bread on each of 4 plates, top with tomato slices and a chicken patty. Spoon sauce over top, sprinkle with spinach and cover with remaining slices of bread.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Grilled Nutty Blue Cheese and Pork Sandwich
- Horsemeat Roast with Blue Cheese-Horseradish Sauce
- Californian Bruschetta with Blue Cheese
- Blue Cheese Truffles
- Canadian Blue Cheese Soufflé
- Mahi-Mahi with Blue Cheese
- Chicken with goat cheese and apple sauce
- Blue Cheese Citrus Chicken Salad
- Blue Cheese Scones
- Veal Chops with Blue Cheese