- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup*
- 30 green grapes
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) fresh ginger, finely ground
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shaved almonds
Mix all the ingredients, except for the almonds, in a casserole. Let simmer gently for 30 minutes, until the pineapple is soft. Add the almonds. Let simmer until the consistency desired.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!