- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) crumbled Canadian Feta
- 1/2 container (250 g) Cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) chopped green onions
- 12 Irresistibles slices coarse textured bread* 1/2-inch (12 mm) thick
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 6 large roasted red peppers, well drained, split lengthwise
- Irresistibles balsamic vinegar*
- Fresh basil, oregano or arugula leaves
Preheat barbecue to medium.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine Feta, Cream cheese and onions. Stir well to combine.
Place bread slices on preheated grill. Cook with lid open over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once halfway through. Rub 1 side of each slice with cut surfaces of garlic.
Divide and spread Feta mixture over 6 slices of the grilled bread. Top each slice with 2 red pepper halves, a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar and a few leaves of fresh basil. Cover with remaining 6 slices of bread. Cut sandwiches in half to serve.
SuggestionFor a change of taste, use Canadian Feta with Olives and Oregano or Canadian Herb and Spice Cream cheese.
Replace roasted red peppers and balsamic vinegar with thinly sliced smoked salmon and top with thinly sliced red onion. Replace basil with fresh dill.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Mediterranean Omelette
- Tuna Panini
- Mediterranean Tilapia
- Chicken and Eggplant Panini
- Crispy Tuna-Artichoke Panini
- Warm Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Feta
- Mediterranean Dressing
- Garlic Herb Marinade (Mediterranean)
- Angel hair pasta with Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
- Grilled Panini with Black Forest Ham