- 1 1/2 lb (700 g) ground beef
- 1 egg*, beaten
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 1 small onion, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fine dry bread crumbs*
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Irresistibles dried oregano*
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- Vegetable Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) pizza sauce
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190° C).
In large bowl, combine beef, egg, carrot, onion, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the pizza sauce. Mix lightly but thoroughly to blend.
Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups, pressing into cups. Divide remaining pizza sauce among meat loaves, spooning some sauce on top of each.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into centre of a meat loaf registers 160°F (71°C).
Serve with Vegetable Sauce.
In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add red pepper and zucchini, cook stirring occasionally until softened.
Add 2/3 cup (170 mL) pizza sauce and heat through.
SuggestionThese little meat loaves are the perfect size and flavour for children's meals – serve them with the Vegetable Sauce and some pasta for more all-family appeal.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!