- 4 Red Grill Angus rib eye steaks,3/4 inch ( 2cm)each
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistible extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ketchup*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar or liquid honey*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) soy sauce*
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7 mL) Irresistible Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a glass bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Set aside 125 mL (1/2 cup) marinade.
Put the steaks in the remaining marinade. Cover and marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat the barbecue to medium.
Drain steaks well and cook 3 minutes on each side.
In a small pan, bring reserved marinade to a boil and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour the hot marinade over the steaks.
SuggestionFor more flavourful marinade, use seasoned oil instead of olive oil and add 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground coriander.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Barbecue Horsemeat Sirloin Steaks
- Chili-Marinated Rib Steaks
- Gouda and Portobello Beef Sirloin
- Beef Top Sirloin Steaks Stuffed with Portabella Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Beef Sirloin Steak Provençale
- Beer-Marinated Rib Steaks
- Grilled Beef Sirloin Steak with Anchovies
- Grilled Marinated Blade Steaks
- Beef Sirloin Steaks with Dried Tomato and Oregano
- Top Sirloin Steak Marinated in Spiced Wine