- 1 puff pastry crust, commercial or homemade
- Dry peas or rice as needed for blind baking
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) butter*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles extra-virgin olive oil*
- 3 onions, sliced very thin
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) honey*
- 3 eggs*
- ¾ cup (180 mL) 15% cooking cream
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles Dijon mustard*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped thyme
- To taste salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Line a 9½ in. (24 in.) springform pan or 4½ in. x 14 in. (11 cm x 35 cm) pan with crust.
Prick crust with a fork and cover with a sheet of foil.
Fill with dry peas or rice and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove peas and foil. Cool.
In a big skillet, melt butter with oil on medium-low, and cook onions for 10 minutes.
Add honey, cover and continue cooking until onions are caramelized. Cool.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk eggs with cream, mustard and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread onions over crust. Pour egg mixture over onions. Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until quiche is nicely browned and egg mixture is firm.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Caramelized Apples
- Baluchon Cheese and Caramelized Onion Tarts
- Boar Strip Loin Steak with Caramelized Onion Sauce
- Caramelized Sauce with Smarties
- Caramelized Onion Pork Osso Buco with Orange-Oregano Gremolata
- Caramelized Lemon and Apricot Chicken
- Mushroom Cappuccino with Escargot and Caramelized Onion
- Open-faced Poached Egg, Caramelized Onion and Grilled Pepper Sandwich
- Caramelized Onion & Carrot Soup
- Caramelized Onion, Corn and Brie-stuffed Crêpes