- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter*
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar*
- A pinch Irresistible* salt*
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) corn syrup*
- 3 eggs*, well beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole pecans
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla essence or extract
- 1 uncooked 8-in. (20-cm) pie shell
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC).
In a large bowl, cream the butter, then gradually add in the brown sugar and salt while continuing to beat.
Add the corn syrup, eggs, pecans and vanilla. Mix well and pour into the prepared pie shell.
Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool before serving.
SuggestionThe pie shell must be refrigerated before cooking for the edges to hold better and the crust to be flaky.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!