- 4.4 lb. (2 kg) mussels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Irresistibles sherry vinegar* or red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Irresistibles paprika*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) Irresistibles Cayenne pepper*
- 2 Irresistibles bay leaves*
- Irresistibles Fine salt and peppercorns* to taste
In a large pot, steam mussels in a little water over low heat until they open.
Remove mussels from their shells. Reserve shells.
In a skillet, combine oil, sherry vinegar or wine, water, Cayenne, paprika, bay leaves, salt and peppercorns. Heat marinade over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Cool, then add mussels and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
To serve, place mussels in reserved shells and drizzle with marinade.
Marinating time: 6 to 8 hours.
In a large casserole, bring liquid to a boil and drop the mussels into the liquid.
Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or just until the shells open.
Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!