- 9 oz (250 g) all-purpose flour*
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) sugar*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) finely chopped rosemary
- Pinch of slat
- 4½ oz. (125 g) unsalted butter*, very cold
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) cold water
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) maple syrup*
- 3 eggs*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Irresistible vanilla extract*
- 1 oz. (30 g) unsalted butter*
- 1¾ oz. (50 g) white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 6 oz. (175 g) blanched hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz. (125 g) dried cranberries
- 4 oz. (125 g) fresh cranberries
Preheat the oven at 375ºF (190ºF).
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, rosemary and salt.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender until grainy.
In another bowl, combine water with orange juice and zest.
Gradually stir into flour until dough just holds (do not overwork the dough).
Gather dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours.
Roll the dough out ¼-in. (7-mm) thick and transfer it to a 9-in. (23-cm) pie plate.
Put another pie plate over the dough and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the top pie plate and cool the crust.
Iin a thick-bottomed saucepan, reduce maple syrup by half.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, vanilla extract and butter together.
Whisk this mixture into caramelized maple syrup until thoroughly blended.
Line the baked shell with the white chocolate, chopped hazelnuts and cranberries.
Pour caramel in up to the edge of the shell and bake 35 - 40 minutes, or until the top has coloured and puffed slightly.
Remove from the oven and cool completely before serving.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Cornish Hens with Port, Maple and Cranberry Sauce
- Orange-Caramel Flan
- Cornish Hen with Maple Syrup-Cranberry Sauce
- Chicken with Maple-hazelnut Sauce
- Ham with Cranberry-Maple Sauce
- Persimmon-Caramel Custard
- Caramel Sauce
- Quick Maple Syrup Pie
- Savoury Pancakes with Orange, Maple and Cranberry Sauce
- Hazelnut Dressing