- 3 lb. (1.5 kg) pheasant
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) oil*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peeled, thinly sliced apples
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) melted butter*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup (125 mL) cream
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) cognac
Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
Clean and attach the pheasant with kitchen twine.
Brown the pheasant in the oil.
Place half the apple slices on the bottom of a saucepan.
Pour in the melted butter.
Season the pheasant and place on the bed of apples. Scatter the remaining apples around the pheasant.
Roast in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender.
Pour the cream and cognac over the pheasant and apples.
When roasting pheasant, it’s advisable to bard it or baste it with fat.
Accompaniments: bulgur, green salad with artichokes.
Full-bodied white wine or medium-bodied red wine.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Caramelized Apples
- Pheasant in Cider Sauce
- Pheasant Breasts with Mango
- Galopins with Apples
- Stuffed mustard-scented pheasant
- Roasted Pheasant and Apple-Calvados Chutney
- Foil-Wrapped Pheasant Supremes
- Standing Rib Roast with Cognac Sauce
- Red Grill Angus Ribs Roast with Cognac Sauce
- Pheasant with Figs