- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) butter*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil*
- 2.2 lb. (1 kg) whole guinea fowl
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white wine
- ½ cup (125 mL) reconstituted chicken broth*
- ½ cup (125 mL) coconut milk
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) allspice
- ½ cup (125 mL) 15% country-style cream*
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350ºF /180ºC.
In a saucepan, sear the guinea fowl on all sides in the butter and oil. Set aside.
Deglaze the pan with the orange juice.
Add the orange zest, wine, broth, coconut milk and allspice. Bring to a boil.
Put the guinea fowl in the pan and pour over the sauce.
Cover and roast in the oven for about 1 hour.
Remove the guinea fowl from the pan and set aside.
Pour the cream into the cooking juices and heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
Serve the sauce in a sauceboat.
Coconut milk will tenderize guinea fowl. Fresh guinea fowl will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Accompaniments: poached spinach with grapes, Château potatoes and gratinéed tomatoes.
Medium or full-bodied white wine, or light red wine.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Duck breasts with spicy orange sauce
- Braised Guinea Fowl Legs with Cabbage
- Barbecue Chicken with Orange-mint Sauce
- Orange-cranberry Sauce
- Roast Pork with Orange-Cranberry Sauce
- Roast Pork with Orange-Mustard Sauce
- Guinea Fowl with Figs
- Orange Juice Sauce
- Stuffed roasted guinea fowl with dried fruits
- Honey, Orange and Ginger Dip Sauce