- For greasing, pan butter*
- 2 whole eggs*
- 2 egg* yolks
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) molasses
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 oz. (100 g) chopped pitted dates*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose fl our*
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) baking soda*
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) baking powder*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles cinnamon*
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
Line the bottom of a 9-in. (23-cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
Grease paper and sides of pan with butter.
In a bowl, combine whole eggs and egg yolks. Add brown sugar and molasses.
Using an electric mixer, beat for 3 minutes.
Stir in dates, orange zest and apples, reserving some apple slices to decorate the cake.
In another bowl, combine flour with baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Sift dry ingredients over fruit mixture.
Using a wooden spoon, fold dry ingredients into fruit mixture.
Pour butter into pan; top with a decorative flower made with the reserved apple slices and bake 60 - 65 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.
Turn cake out onto a cake rack and cool completely.
SuggestionUse a melon baller to core apples and a serrated knife to slice them.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!