- ½ cup (125 mL) flour*
- 1½ tsp. (7 mL) baking soda*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistible ground ginger*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Irresistible ground cinnamon*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Irresistible ground cloves*
- 2 eggs*
- ¾ cup (180 mL) sugar*
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter,* melted
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Grease a small square cake pan, line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
Sift flour, baking soda and ground spices together.
In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar 2 minutes; beat in melted butter.
Sift dry ingredients together, and stir into egg batter with a wooden spoon.
Stir in chopped ginger and half of the toasted sesame seeds.
Pour batter into the cake pan and sprinkle remaining sesame seeds over top.
Bake 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Cool 10 minutes on a baking rack, and turn out.
Cut brownies when completely cooled.
As a general rule, dry ingredients should be sifted together.
For maximum volume, avoid over-mixing the batter.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!