- ¾ cup (180 mL) flour*
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) cornmeal (Polenta)
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) fruit powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) unsalted butter*, softened
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) orange and lemon zest (grated peel)
- 2 eggs*
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
In a food processor, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, butter, zest and eggs into a smooth dough.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Grease a cookie sheet. Drop spoonfuls of dough on the sheet, spacing them.
Flatten balls of dough a bit with fingertips.
Bake 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Take out of the oven. Using a metal spatula, transfer cookies to a baking rack and cool.
SuggestionMoisten fingers before handling the dough and it won’t stick.
Grease the sheet before each batch, and you’ll have no trouble removing the cookies with a spatula.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!