- 13 oz (env.375 mL) freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice
- 10 oz (env. 310 mL) sugar*
- 18 oz (env.560 mL) heavy cream
- 8 oz (250 mL) egg yolk*
- For caramelizing sugar*
In a medium saucepan, heat grapefruit juice, sugar, and heavy cream until warm.
Temper the liquid with egg yolk and strain. Pour liquid into ramekins and bake in a water bath until set but center is still slightly wobbly. Chill until needed.
Sprinkle the surface of each ramekin evenly with a layer of sugar.
Using a blow torch or broiler, caramelize the sugar until golden.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Crème Brûlée in Apple Cups
- Grilled potatoes with chervil and crème fraîche
- Scallop and Grapefruit Duo
- Pink Grapefruit Granita
- Pink and White Grapefruit Dressing
- Lindt White Chocolate Crème Brûlée
- Potatoes with Pears, Cranberries and Double Crème Cheese
- Shrimp and Grapefruit Salad
- Grapefruit Margarita
- Chocolate Ginger Tart, Pear Juice Crème Anglaise