- 1 lb. 5 oz. (600 g) fresh or frozen rhubarb stalks
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar + 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) for the batter
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) (150 mL) Irresistibles maple syrup* + 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) for Chantilly cream
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) maple sugar to decorate
- 2 pinches ground star anise
- 1.5 cup (150 g) flour*
- 5 Tbsp. (75 g) ground almonds + 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sliced almonds
- 1½ tsp. (7 mL) baking powder*
- ¾ cup (200 g) unsalted butter*, softened + 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) to butter dish or ramekins
- 8 Tbsp. (120 mL) whipping cream* + ½ cup (125 mL) for Chantilly cream
Trim and chop stalks.
In a bowl, combine drained rhubarb with 1 pinch star anise and ⅔ cup (150 mL) maple syrup.
Butter baking dish or ramekins. Add rhubarb.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Whip ½ cup (125 mL) cream with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) maple syrup together. Refrigerate. Dough
Put flour, ground almonds, sugar, 1 pinch star anis and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor.
Blend. Add softened butter and 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) whipping cream and process again just until blended.
Spoon dough over rhubarb in ramekins or baking dish.
Sprinkle with maple sugar and sliced almonds.
Bake for about 15 minutes
Serve warm with Chantilly cream and another sprinkling of maple sugar.
Chef Anne Desjardins - "Par-dessus le marché" TV show
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!