- 3 cups (750 mL) pastry flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) white sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (180 mL) Irresistibles extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups (375 mL) water
- ½ cup (125 mL) Grand Marnier (or the same quantity of concentrated orange juice)
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¾ cup (180 g) bitter or bittersweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% cream
- Fleur de sel
Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
In an electric mixer at low speed, place all the liquid ingredients and the orange zest.
Now add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
Butter the muffin cups and fill ¾ full with the cupcake mixture.
Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cupcakes are firm to the touch.
Remove from the oven, unmold and allow to cool.
In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil, remove from the heat, and pour over the chocolate pieces.
Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
Allow the mixture to come to room temperature.
The ganache will thicken slightly.
Frost the cupcakes with the ganache and sprinkle with a pinch of fleur de sel.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Pepper Confetti Salad with Bocconciniand Olive Oil and Rosemary White Wine Vinegar Dressing
- Bing Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
- Seared Atlantic Wolffish on Chick Peas Roasted in Olive Oil
- Hint of Coffee Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Olive, Tomato and Cheddar Skewers with Basil Oil
- Rudolph Cupcakes
- Panzanella (bread with tomatoes and olive oil)
- BBQ Quebec Milk-Fed Veal Rib Chop with Citrus and Olive Oil Sauce
- Poached Lobster with Olive Oil and Fine Herbs Sauce