- Green sauce
- 15-20 leaves baby spinach
- 15-20 leaves mini arugula
- 1 romaine heart
- Pinch cumin powder
- ¾ cup (200 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. (140 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- Berry dressing
- 8 raspberries
- 8 blackberries
- 8 blueberries
- ½ cup (125 mL) port
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Venison tartare
- 14 oz. (400 g) venison loin
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) Meaux mustard (whole-grain mustard)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dried cranberries, chopped
- 8 pearl onions, sliced very thin
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) chopped rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, sliced very thin
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sunflower seeds, crushed
- Venison liver
- 7 oz. (200 g) venison liver
- 4 oz. (120 g) unsalted butter
- 8 morels, fresh or rehydrated
- 4 peeled baby carrots
- 4 parsnips
- 1 white turnip, cut into brunoise
- 4 cherry tomatoes
Green sauce: In the Thermomix or food processor, pulse spinach, arugula, romaine, cumin, 7 Tbsp. (100 mL) olive oil, 8 tsp. (40 mL) cider vinegar and lime juice. Set aside.
Berry dressing: In a bowl, combine berries with remaining cider vinegar, port, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Venison tartare: Knife-chop 7 oz. (200 g) venison loin and combine with Meaux mustard and half of the shallots and cranberries. Season and refrigerate.
Marinated loin of venison: In a vacuum-sealed Ziploc-type bag, marinate remaining loin with pearl onions, 7 Tbsp. (100 mL) olive oil, rosemary, garlic and sunflower seeds.
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the loin in a little bit of olive oil, 2 – 3 minutes or so per side.
Venison liver: Cut the liver up into 1¼-in. (3-cm) cubes and season.
In a skillet, heat unsalted butter over medium heat and brown cubes. Add morels and sauté 2 minutes. Turn heat down to low and cook in a little olive oil for 15 minutes.
Vegetables: In a pot of boiling water, cook baby carrots and parsnips. Drain. Season.
Presentation: Using a pastry brush, draw a line of green sauce in a big plate. On the plate, place some venison tartare, a cube of venison liver and 3 slices of venison loin.
Sprinkle with morels. Place a baby carrot, parsnip and some turnip brunoise.
Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes and drizzle with berry dressing.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Trio of shellfish and spinach salad with anchovy dressing
- Mushrooms and Pâté De Foie -Stuffed Ham
- Zucchinis stuffed with Tomme de Savoie Cheese
- Ham Stuffed with Pâté de Foie Gras
- Seafood Trio
- Melon Trio Prosciutto
- Elk Venison Roast with Oyster Mushrooms
- "Noisettes de porc" with Lemon and Green Onion
- Snapper Tartare Crudo de pescado
- Meat Trio Salad