- 1/2 recipe of Basic Chocolate Cake (see Basic Chocolate Cake recipe), baked in an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan
- Coffee to soak the cake
- 1 cup (125 ml) strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) marsala, coffee liqueur or rum
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (65 g) sugar
- 8 oz (226 g) mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) marsala, coffee liqueur or rum
- 1 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
Lindt chocolate layer cake recipe
http://www.lindt.com/ca/swf/eng/connaisseurs/recettes/Lindt basic chocolate cake/
Whip the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy.
Add the mascarpone and the desired alcohol. Beat until smooth.
Whip the heavy cream and fold into the mascarpone mixture.
Assembly for one pan
Cut the cake in half horizontally and soak with 1⁄2 of the coffee mixture.
Spread half of the mascarpone mixture evenly across the cake.
Repeat with 2nd half of cake and remaining mascarpone mixture.
Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
For individual glasses
Cut the cake into cubes and follow the above method. Depending on the size of the glass you may do three layers rather than two.
Cover the top of the Tiramisù with chopped or shaved dark chocolate. Sprinkle with cocoa powder. To serve the large Tiramisù, cut into portions and remove with a spatula.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!