- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 oz (50 g) dry shallots, chopped
- ½ lb. (227 g) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red ale (341 ml) Belle Gueule or another brand
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomatoes, cubed
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) demi-glace (or brown sauce)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) tarragon leaves
- 1 ¾ lb (750 g) mini-potatoes
Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
Brown chicken breasts in oil. Set aside.
In same pan, fry shallots and mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes. Deglace with beer and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Add cubed tomato and demi-glace. Season with salt and pepper and add tarragon leaves.
Add mini-potatoes (cut in half if too big), bring to a boil and add chicken breasts.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes, covered. Serve with fresh green vegetables.
Variation: You can replace the chicken breasts with skinless, boneless chicken thighs, but you must cook 15 minutes more. You can also add pitted olives and basil, and double the quantity of cubed tomatoes for a more Mediterranean dish.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Honey Mango Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts in papillote
- Grilled Chicken Breasts with Mustard
- Chicken Breasts Vegetable Bundles
- Mushroom-stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Ham
- Fruit Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Vegetable-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Gingered and Raspberry Chicken Breasts