Easy to give, easy to use!
Looking for a gift that everyone will love?
The Metro gift card is something that can be put to good use.
Already have a Metro gift card?Check the balance on your card
Gift Card Information
Gift Card Policy
We sell gift cards in our stores. All gift card sales are FINAL. No refunds or exchanges will be provided. Some terms and conditions apply to gift cards. Some but not all terms and conditions are referred to below.*
* Metro – Food Basics Gift Cards
- Metro-Food Basics gift cards can be used at all Metro and Food Basics Stores in Ontario and Quebec.
- Metro-Food Basics gift cards can be checked for their balance at all Metro and Food Basics Stores in Ontario and Quebec and on-line at www.metro.ca.
- Metro-Food Basics gift cards will be accepted at any time at Metro and Food Basics Stores. They have no expiry date and may be used immediately after activation by the store.
- Use of Metro-Food Basics gift cards is subject to the terms and conditions expressed on the cards.
Terms & Conditions
- All gift cards sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be provided.
- Gift card value is in Canadian currency.
- Use of gift cards is subject to the terms and conditions expressed on the back of each card.
- Your use of a gift card is deemed proof of your acceptance of its terms and conditions.
- Except for phone cards, calling cards and bank-issued Visa/ Mastercard gift cards, there is no expiry date on gift cards.
- Except for bank-issued Visa gift cards, there are no additional fees beyond the face value of the card.
- Phone cards, Calling Cards and On-line Gaming Cards are subject to taxes beyond the face value of the card.
- Gift cards must be activated before use and may be used 24 hours after activation.*
- Customer is responsible for keeping the gift card activation slip as proof of purchase.
- Gift cards will not be accepted if altered or mutilated.
- In case of loss, theft or unauthorized use, we will not replace the gift card.
- All gift cards sold between the hours of 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. are payable by cash or debit card only.
- All gift card purchases with a total value of $250 or more, in one transaction, using a credit card, require Management supervision.
See More Terms & Conditions
- Metro Richelieu Inc. issues the three following categories of gift cards:
- The Metro gift card, which can be used in all participating Metro and Food Basics stores in Ontario;
- The Food Basics gift card, which can be used in all participating Food Basics stores in Ontario;
- The corporate gift card, which can be used in all participating Metro, and Food Basic stores in Ontario. The corporate gift card is identified by the presence of the logos of both Metro and Food Basics banners.;
- The gift card must be activated prior to its use.
- The use of the gift card is subject to the terms and conditions which govern it, terms and conditions that can be revised by Metro Richelieu inc. without prior notice.
- The gift card must be presented to the cashier at the time of purchase.
- The gift card can be used several times. The total purchase amount is deducted from the card until the balance reaches zero.
- The market value of the gift card is in Canadian dollars.
- To check the balance left on your gift card, you can visit any Metro store or find out online by clicking here.
- The gift card cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash.
- In case of loss, theft, mutilation, alteration or unauthorized use, the card will not be reimbursed or replaced.
- No promotion is applicable when purchasing the gift card.
- The gift card cannot be used for the purchase of other gift cards.
- The gift card cannot be used for purchases of goods and services prohibited by law.
- The gift card remains, at all times, the property of Metro Richelieu inc.
Metro Gift Card FAQ
You can buy Metro gift cards at any Metro store. They are available in three different denominations: $25, $50 or $100. Select the card you need and bring it to the cash register where it will be activated automatically as soon as the transaction has been completed.
Of course! With each use, the amount of your transaction is deducted from the card and the balance is saved until your next visit or until it reaches zero.
Absolutely not. Your card has no expiry date and there is no time limit to use the card after the first transaction.