- commercial tapenade as needed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted black olives*
- 2 tsp. (10 mL)) drained capers*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Irresistibles lemon juice*
- Freshly Irresistibles ground black pepper* to taste
- 1 1/3 lb. (600 g) ground horsemeat
- 2 eggs*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles dry basil*
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns*
- 4 slices Canadian Swiss cheese*
In a food processor, reduce tapenade ingredients to a coarse paste. Set aside.
Mix the eggs and basil into the meat. Make 4 patties about 3/4 in.(1.5 cm) thick.
Put patties on the grill and cook 5-6 min. per side or cook in a frying pan over medium heat for 7-8 minutes per side.
Once meat is cooked, reduce heat to lowest setting.
Open buns and lay on the grill.
Top each patty with 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) of tapenade and a slice of cheese.
Continue cooking until cheese starts to melt.
Dress cheeseburgers with favourite toppings.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!